Local

9 Injured After Sparklers Cause Bottle Explosion

LS019546
Getty Images

New Hampshire fire officials are warning residents to follow manufacturers' recommendations when using fireworks after numerous people were injured while using sparklers in New Ipswich. 

The fire marshal's office says a number of sparklers were set inside a glass bottle and lit on Friday night during a social gathering. 

The bottle exploded, scattering glass fragments that injured a number of people. 

Nine people reported being injured. Five were transported to a local hospital and released. 

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us