Dog Dies in West Hartford Fire

west hartford fire 1200
NBCConnecticut.com

A dog died in a fire in West Hartford Monday morning and a family has been displaced.

The fire broke out in the basement of a split-level home in the 1100 block of North Main Street around 3 a.m. 

The father woke up when smoke alarms went off, saw smoke coming from the kitchen and quickly gathered his family, including another adult and two older kids, and helped get them out safely. 

The family's two pets were also inside, but one of the dogs didn't survive the blaze.

The family does have other family to stay with while their home is uninhabitable.

Officials said there is smoke damage to the entire home.  

Contact Us