A massive 7-alarm fire that displaced more than 100 residents in Boston was determined as unintentional, according to the Boston Fire Department.
Just after 3:15 p.m. on Saturday, the blaze ripped through a 5-story residential building at 104 Hemenway St. About 114 residents, some of whom are students at Berklee College of Music and Northeastern University, were displaced as a result of the fire.
The BFD Fire Investigation Unit determined that the blaze was the result of an "unspecified electrical" problem. Officials believe the fire may have started on the second floor of the structure.
"There were no alarms going off in our building, so we had no idea what was going on. I just heard glass shattering," one woman told NBC10 Boston.
Eleven residents and one firefighter were taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries, Boston EMS said.
Boston Mayor Marty Walsh said his administration is working with the colleges of the affected students to accommodate them with alternative housing.