Boston Firefighter Arrested for Indecent Assault - NECN
Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The latest news from around the state

Boston Firefighter Arrested for Indecent Assault

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Boston Firefighter Accused of Sexually Assaulting Minor

    A Boston firefighter has been placed on administrative leave after being arrested on charges he allegedly sexually assaulted a juvenile in Randolph, Massachusetts.

    (Published Friday, Sept. 6, 2019)

    A Boston firefighter has been arrested on multiple charges after he allegedly sexually assaulted a juvenile in Randolph, Massachusetts.

    The Norfolk District Attorney's Office confirmed that Kevin Harrison of Randolph was arrested by Randolph police for indecent assault on a person over 14 and open and gross lewdness.

    According to court documents, officers responded to 9 Colson Way just after 5 a.m. on Aug. 16 for a report of a possible sexual assault of a 16-year-old female. When they arrived they found the possible victim sitting on the sidewalk outside with several bags, yelling "He's going to leave!"

    Officers say the victim told them she was referring to Harrison.

    Harrison, who was home when officers arrived, told police that he and the juvenile had had mixed drinks and watched television in a guest bedroom the night before, and then the juvenile went to bed.

    When officers interviewed the juvenile, she told them that Harrison had sexually assaulted her while they were watching television. The victim had a brief video of the assault, which she showed to officers. She also told them that this wasn't the first time an assault like this had happened, officers said.

    The victim was transported to the police station for further investigation.

    Neighbor Jimmy Johnson was shocked when heard about the allegations against Harrison.

    "That's pretty crazy, man," Johnson said Friday. "I have nieces and nephews and come to find out, I pass this guy's house every day. That's pretty crazy, dude."

    The Boston Fire Department released a statement Friday afternoon saying Harrison had been placed on administrative leave pending the ongoing case.

    "Due to the seriousness of the allegations and the sensitivity of the investigation, the Boston Fire Department is unable to provide any further comment on this matter," read a statement from Boston Fire Commissioner Joseph Finn.

    Harrison allegedly pleaded not guilty at his arraignment Wednesday and was released on his own recognizance. He was ordered to have no contact with the victim or anyone under 18 years old.

    No further details on what exactly happened or when it happened have been released.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android