Community Holds Vigil for 2 Kids Found Dead - NECN


The latest news from around the state

Community Holds Vigil for 2 Kids Found Dead



    Community Holds Vigil for 2 Kids Found Dead
    The community is coming together for another vigil Tuesday night in Downtown Bridgeport for two young children who were found dead in an East Haven home.

    Dozens from the community gathered Tuesday night in Downtown Bridgeport for another vigil for two young children who were found dead in an East Haven home last week.

    Their father, Michael Moore was at the vigil and said the community has been giving him a lot of support after the tragedy. 

    Just last Friday, dozens of friends and family members of Aleisha Moore, 6, and Daaron Moore, 8, brought candles and gathered at the East Haven green to remember the two young lives lost too soon.

    Clutching to his loved ones, surrounded by strangers, and lit only by candlelight, Michael Moore was also among those attending last week's candlelight vigil at the East Haven Green.

    The children's funeral will be in New Haven, where they went to magnet school. A lot of people are expected Tuesday night at the makeshift memorial service in remembrance of the children for local residents who can't make it to New Haven for the funeral.

    Meanwhile, at the children's home on Strong Street in East Haven, a memorial of teddy bears, notes and candles continued to grow at the front gate of the home where Aleisha and Daaron lived with their mother, LeRoya Moore, 36.

    Michael Moore, her ex-husband, spoke with NBC Connecticut last week and said he is devastated by the loss of his two children. He said he is also waiting for new information from police about what may have happened leading up to the kids' deaths.

    The children’s mother was still hospitalized Friday with injuries to her arms and wrists. When police arrived at the home last Tuesday, they said the house was filled with natural gas and the bodies of the two children were inside. Police said in a press conference last week that it appeared the gas had been turned on, but that it was unclear.

    A friend who called 911 that day from outside the house said that she had received a letter from the mother saying she planned on committing suicide and that she told her over the phone she cut herself, according to the recorded calls.

    No charges have been filed at this time.

    People began gathering at Tuesday night's vigil at McClevy Green in Bridgeport around 7:30 p.m.