No Carbon Monoxide Found at School in Cranston Rhode Island - NECN
Rhode Island

Rhode Island

The latest news from around the state

No Carbon Monoxide Found at School in Cranston Rhode Island

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Clear the Air
    WJAR

    Rhode Island school officials say no trace of carbon monoxide has been found at Cranston High School East, which was closed Friday after 50 students and staff reported feeling sick.

    The Providence Journal reports that a letter sent to parents Friday. It says an industrial hygienist found no evidence of CO, confirming earlier findings of the Cranston Fire Department. Firefighters had inspected the school Thursday morning but did not detect a leak.

    The school is scheduled to reopen Monday as usual.

    Ray Votto, school district chief operating officer, said the school was closed Friday out of an abundance of caution after students and staff experienced dizziness and nausea.

    Votto says a student was hospitalized Wednesday with symptoms that pointed to possible carbon monoxide exposure

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android