Hartford CT-Tolland CT-Windham CT-Western Franklin MA-
Eastern Franklin MA-Northern Worcester MA-Western Hampshire MA-
Western Hampden MA-Eastern Hampshire MA-Eastern Hampden MA-
Southern Worcester MA-
Including the cities of Hartford, Windsor Locks, Union, Vernon,
Putnam, Willimantic, Charlemont, Greenfield, Orange, Barre,
Fitchburg, Chesterfield, Blandford, Amherst, Northampton,
Springfield, Milford, and Worcester
411 PM EDT Thu Apr 18 2019
...FLOOD WATCH FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING...
The National Weather Service in Boston/Norton has issued a
* Flood Watch for northern Connecticut, as well as western and
* From late Friday night through Saturday evening.
* Widespread rain with embedded heavier showers is expected to
develop late Friday night continuing through Saturday evening.
* The longevity of the rainfall, possibly heavy at times, with
amounts forecast around 1 to 2 inches poses the threat for
urban and poor drainage flooding.
* In addition, forecast rainfall will also exacerbate mainstem
river flooding along the Connecticut River. It may also
contribute to a few smaller streams throughout the watch area to
reach minor flooding.
* Those with interests in low lying or flood prone areas should
continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
Flood Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.