Nariman Behravesh, Chief Economist at IHS, joined NECN to discuss his top ten economic predictions for the year ahead.
Behravesh's predictions include:
10. Long term downside risks to be balanced by some upside risks
9. U.S. dollar will rise against most currency while the euro and yen will fall
8. Federal Reserve Bank, Bank of Canada, and Bank of England start raising interest rates
7. Inflation a distant threat, deflationary worries persist
6. Commodity prices will continue to slide
5. Some emerging markets struggle, others see above average growth
4. China's growth rate will decelerate more, but remain stronger than most
3. Japan's economy will regain weak growth momentum
2. Sluggish Eurozone recovery, robust growth for UK
1. Solid U.S. Growth in the 2.5 to 3 percent range
Watch the above video for Behravesh's commentary on his predictions.