Church Evacuated Due to Fire

Heavy smoke was reported inside First United Methodist Church

A New Hampshire church was evacuated due to a 1-alarm fire on Monday afternoon.

The fire at First United Methodist Church at 129 Miller Ave. in Portsmouth was reported at 1:30 p.m. According to, a group of bridge players had to be evacuated due to heavy smoke in the building.

All companies are still on scene, and the area has been blocked off. Motorists are urged to avoid the area if at all possible.

Contact Us