A dog was rescued after a fire broke out at a home Wednesday afternoon in Revere, Massachusetts.
Aerial footage showed smoke pouring from the home on Kingman Avenue, which was surrounded by firefighters who were dousing the flames with fire hoses. Part of the roof collapsed.
Four people live in the building, according to Revere Fire Chief Chris Bright.
Mel, a 6-year-old dog, lives on the first floor. The dog's owner, Lucy Silva, was at work when the fire started, and she came home to find the animal wrapped in a blanket.
Get New England news, weather forecasts and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NECN newsletters.
Silva says when she got a call from her landlord about the fire, she thought Mel was gone.
"Only me and her in the house, the dog's my best friend," she said. "Since I adopted her."
Two firefighters were sent to the hospital for heat issues, but are expected to be OK.