Local
Massachusetts

Crews Respond to Hazmat Incident at Salem, Mass. Hospital

Emergency crews responded to a Massachusetts hospital Thursday after a patient was thought to have been exposed to a hazardous material.

The patient was taken to North Shore Medical Center in Salem. A decontamination team was brought in out of an abundance of caution, according to hospital officials.

After the response, it was determined that the patient had been exposed to a pesticide, the hospital said.

Multiple first responders were also put through a decontamination process.

Footage from NBC Boston's Sky Ranger showed police and fire crews at the Highland Avenue hospital's emergency room entrance.

No further information was immediately available.

Contact Us