Local
Massachusetts

Dangerous Levels of Carbon Monoxide at Brockton Home Sends 4 to Hospital

High levels of carbon monoxide at a Brockton, Massachusetts home resulted in four people being rushed to a hospital Monday morning.

Authorities responded to the home located at 213 Sawtell Ave. sometime before 10 a.m., where carbon monoxide levels were at 900 ppm. One person in the house woke up and called 911.

Officials believe the dangerous leak was caused by a faulty furnace, which they said was not venting correctly during the home's ongoing construction.

All four victims are expected to survive, according to fire crews. Authorities did not release the identities of those who were hospitalized.

Contact Us