FD: 2 Fires Caused by Careless Cigarette Disposal

Firefighters found a man unconscious on a mattress

The fire department in Springfield, Massachusetts, says two separate fires that happened overnight Monday were caused by careless cigarette disposal. 

According to necn affiliate WWLP, the first fire happened at a home at 66 Mattoon St. around 11 p.m. Monday. 

Firefighters found a man unconscious on a mattress. He was taken to a hospital for smoke inhalation. 

The second fire happened at 121 Robert Dyer Circle around 2 a.m. Tuesday. 

The resident went to a store and returned to find his living room on fire. There were no injuries in the second fire.

Contact Us