Local

Dunkin’ Donuts Workers Sent to Hospital After Smoke Fills Shop

tlmd-dunkin-donuts-st
Getty Images

Dunkin' Donuts says it is thankful no one was seriously injured when a malfunctioning oven filled one of its Rhode Island stores with smoke and sent six workers to the hospital.

The employees from the Exeter store were taken to the hospital as a precaution Wednesday morning after complaining of headaches and respiratory issues.

Fire officials said an electrical element in a quick-cook oven shorted.

Dunkin' Donuts spokeswoman Lindsay Cronin says the company apologized for any inconvenience the incident might have caused.

Cronin says the franchisee who owns the store has told the company that the problem has been fixed.

The store was inspected by fire and health officials and reopened later Wednesday.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us