Local

Family Displaced In House Fire

No injuries reported in the Bennington, Vt. blaze

A family in Bennington, Vermont, has been displaced after their house was damaged in a fire.

No injuries were reported in the fire Monday. The Bennington Banner reports the home belongs to Ron Harrington, who said his wife alerted him to smoke in the basement, where there is a wood stove. Harrington said he went downstairs and saw the basement was on fire.

A garage on the property burned down earlier this year; the family rebuilt it.

The cause of the fire wasn't immediately known.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us