Two people are in the hospital after they were shocked by a pier on Cape Cod.
An 11-year-old boy was shocked when he stepped onto a metal plate on MacMillan Pier in Provincetown Sunday afternoon. The shock sent him into the water, fire officials said.
A 25-year-old man jumped into the water to help the boy and was also shocked by the plate as he was coming back onto the pier.
U.S. & World
The boy was transported to Cape Cod Hospital with what are believed to be non-life-threatening injuries.
The man was evaluated at the scene but declined transport, officials said. He was later transported to Cape Cod Hospital after he reported feeling unwell. His exact condition is not known at this time.
The fire chief ordered power shut down on the pier until an electrical engineer can evaluate it.