A battery case against former NBA player Amar’e Stoudemire related to an alleged incident involving his daughter last month has been dropped, a Florida state's attorney said Tuesday.
"The case was dropped due to the failure of the victim to cooperate in the prosecution of the criminal case," the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office said in a statement.
Stoudemire, 40, a six-time NBA All-Star who retired from the league in 2016, said immediately after his arrest in mid-December that a full probe would show he's innocent.
"Today, I’m grateful that after a full investigation, all charges were dismissed," Stoudemire said in a statement. "My faith in the goodness we all possess has never wavered and has never been greater."
Get New England news, weather forecasts and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NECN newsletters.
Stoudemire's attorney, Alexander Fox, said in a statement that the dismissal was "consistent with Mr. Stoudemire’s immediate and public denials of the allegations when they were brought and recognition of his innocence here."
Read the full story on NBCNews.com here.