A fire spread quickly Thursday in Lawrence, Massachusetts, leaving 11 residents homeless and one person injured.
The blaze was intense from the start when it broke out around 4:30 p.m. on Manchester Street, keeping firefighters busy for hours.
As the fire raged, employees from a nearby restaurant raced to help. They opened up their restaurant so the victims, normally their customers, could stay warm as their home burned.
One person was transported to a hospital in Lawrence, and later to another in Boston. The nature of that person's injuries was not known.