An overnight fire has destroyed some condominiums near the Killington ski resort, but everyone inside made it out OK.
The fire was reported at the Killington Townhouses early Saturday, just after midnight. Fire Chief Gary Roth says it is believed to have started in a chimney.
He says more than 20 firefighters responded to the blaze in temperatures that were in the teens. He says their hoses kept freezing in the cold and the roads had turned into a sheet of ice because of leaking water.
Firefighters evacuated an unknown number of occupants from the condos. The blaze was declared under control around 10 a.m.
Roth didn't know how many condos had burned or how many people were affected.