Fire Dept. Finds Cause of BU Dorm Fire - NECN
Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The latest news from around the state

Fire Dept. Finds Cause of BU Dorm Fire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    One Person Injured in Boston University Dorm Fire

    One student received a minor leg injury in Saturday night's dorm fire on Commonwealth Avenue. (Published Sunday, Sept. 2, 2018)

    A dorm fire at Boston University that left one student injured Saturday was started by a candle, the Boston Fire Department said Sunday.

    Boston fire responded to the scene at 722 Commonwealth Avenue in Boston at about 10 p.m. Saturday.

    The fire was contained to one room on the third floor, but the water damage extends from the third floor down to the first floor.

    One student had minor leg injuries and is expected to be okay.

    Dorm Fire at Boston University

    [NECN] Dorm Fire at Boston University

    Authorities are investigating after a fire broke out Saturday night on the third floor of a Boston University dorm.

    (Published Sunday, Sept. 2, 2018)

    The two buildings adjacent to 722 Commonwealth Avenue were also evacuated, officials said.

    According to a Boston University press release, the fire caused about $200,000 worth of damage to the building.

    About 40 students who were living in the dorm are now living with friends elsewhere or have alternate sleeping arrangements for the time being.

    Officials said they are drying out the rooms and that students will be let back into the building Sunday.

    The cause of the fire was announced Sunday evening by the Boston Fire Department following an investigation into the incident.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android