Authorities say a fire in a Massachusetts home has displaced seven residents and sent a firefighter to the hospital.
The fire in Springfield was reported just before 4 a.m. Tuesday.
A fire department spokesman says one firefighter was taken to the hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation and is expected to survive. No name was disclosed.
The fire that broke out on the second-floor living room of the home was blame on an electrical malfunction.
Damage was estimated at $70,000.
The Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents.