A man is in serious condition at a Boston hospital after he was rescued from an apartment fire in Fairhaven, Massachusetts.
Firefighters received calls around 6:10 p.m. Saturday reporting a fire at McCormack Manor, located at 157 Washington Street.
Crews found heavy smoke on arrival coming from the back of the multi-unit, 3-story building.
A 66-year-old man was rescued from the first floor apartment, where the kitchen was on fire.
‘Parkland Speaks’: School Shooting Survivors Turn Grief Into Activism
The man suffered from burns and smoke inhalation and was rushed to St Luke’s Hospital in serious condition. He was later taken to Massachusetts General Hospital by Boston Medflight. There is no update on his condition.
The fire was contained to the single apartment on the first floor, but the second and third floor apartments suffered smoke damage.
The fire is under investigation.