Police Investigate Death of Infant in Marlborough, Mass. - NECN


The latest news from around the state

Police Investigate Death of Infant in Marlborough, Mass.

Police responded to a home on Harrison Place Thursday morning



    Neighbors in Shock After Infant Dies

    Police investigate a home on Harrison Place after an infant dies in Marlborough, Massachusetts Thursday. (Published Friday, Nov. 11, 2016)

    Police are investigating the death of an infant in Marlborough, Massachusetts. The infant’s parents were unresponsive when police arrived on the scene and were taken to the hospital.

    Investigators responded to 43 Harrison Place Thursday morning, after reports of an unresponsive infant and two adults. The baby was pronounced dead at the hospital.

    Authorities have yet to confirm the couple’s identity; however, a cousin of the infant’s mother says the child belonged to 19-year-old Grecia Gallegos and her boyfriend 23-year-old Sergei Albert.

    “The whole family is saddened by the news and we’re still coping with everything,” said a family member who wished to be unidentified.

    Police Investigating Infant's Death

    [NECN] Police Investigating Infant's Death
    Police are investigating the death of an infant Thursday in Marlborough, Massachusetts, according to the Middlesex County District Attorney's Office. Two adults were also hospitalized.
    (Published Thursday, Nov. 10, 2016)

    “Nobody would expect that especially from a type of house they live in, a Christian house,” said neighbor Armando Mateo.

    Just recently on Gallegos Facebook page, she beamed with pride about her newborn son.

    And close friend Erika Benites is still waiting to hear what actually happened.

    “We knew they were happy about this baby so it’s sad that a little baby died and it’s not fair,” Benites said.

    The cousin says Gallegos lives in the house with her mom and some other family members. They are asking for privacy at this time.

    “They would just like to really go back home, to some peace,” Gallegos’ cousin said. “It’s just been a hard couple days. Just let them grieve on their own time, that would be great.”

    A family member says the couple is recovering and doing better in the hospital.

    Cause of the infant’s death has not been identified. The investigation is ongoing.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android