Firefighters Rescue 15-Month-Old Boy From Burning Westerly Home - NECN
Rhode Island

Rhode Island

The latest news from around the state

Firefighters Rescue 15-Month-Old Boy From Burning Westerly Home

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Firefighters Rescue 15-Month-Old Boy From Burning Westerly Home
    WJAR-TV

    Firefighters helped save a 15-month-old boy from a home fully engulfed in flames in Rhode Island Wednesday night.

    Authorities say the fire broke out at a Westerly residence around 7 p.m. Police said a man and two boys, ages 6 and 7, escaped through a window, but the boys' younger brother was still inside when firefighters arrived.

    Firefighters entered the home and rescued the boy from a playpen near where the flames broke out.

    Police Capt. Shawn Lacey said the boy was taken to Hasbro Children’s Hospital for treatment of first and second-degree burns. He says the boy's injuries are non life-threatening.

    'You Never Get Over It': 20 Years After Columbine

    [NATL] 'You Never Get Over It': A Look Back 20 Years After Columbine

    Family, friends, teachers and survivors look back twenty years after Columbine, in an anniversary made tougher by a threat from a South Florida high schooler. 

    (Published Friday, April 19, 2019)

    Investigators believe the fire started from a pan with cooking oil that was left on the stove.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android