2 Displaced in Home Fire | NECN
Maine

Maine

The latest news from around the state

2 Displaced in Home Fire

Firefighters' hoses froze in the cold weather

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    2 Displaced in Home Fire
    Getty Images

    A Waterboro, Maine, home has been heavily damaged in a fire that took hours to put out in part because firefighters' hoses froze in the cold weather.

    The Portland Press Herald reports that the fire started Sunday night at the three-story residential building and took more than 3 1/2 hours to put out.

    About 40 firefighters from Waterboro and surrounding towns helped fight the fire. Two people have been displaced.

    Fire Chief Matt Bors says that the fire may have started in the dryer. He says the fire is not considered suspicious.

    Along with the frozen hoses, Bors says that the many personal items in the attic and the home's metal roof made it difficult to put out the fire.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.