8 Checked Out at Hospital After Sparking Phone Emits Nauseous Gas | NECN
Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The latest news from around the state

8 Checked Out at Hospital After Sparking Phone Emits Nauseous Gas

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    necn

    Eight people were checked out at a hospital Monday morning after a sparking phone that had been tossed into a glass of water emitted a nauseating gas, Boston fire officials said.

    Boston Fire says a student at Judge Baker's Children's Center was charging a phone when it started to spark. Someone then tossed the phone into a glass of water, and the gas it emitted made several people nauseous.

    Of the eight people who were checked out at a local hospital, seven were adults and one was a child.

    The Mission Hill neighborhood school, which is for special needs children, did not have to be evacuated.

    It's unclear what kind of phone started the incident.

    The scene has since been cleared.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android