Cable Failure Sparks Attic Fire - NECN
Connecticut

Connecticut

The latest news from around the state

Cable Failure Sparks Attic Fire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Cable Failure Sparks Attic Fire

    A cable failure sparked a fire that significantly damaged an attic at a home on McGrath Court in Stratford on Thursday night.

    Firefighters responded to 201 McGrath Ct. after the town's 911 dispatch center received a call reporting a fire at about 7:40 p.m.

    Crews contained the fire to the attic for one half of the duplex. There was minimal damage to the living space below the attic, according to the fire department.

    The Stratford fire marshal responded to investigate and discovered a BX cable failure in the attic charred the structure and damaged storage space.

    Bridgeport and Milford firefighters covered the Stratford stateion while crews from town worked on the fire.