Family Escapes Injury From Chimney Fire - NECN
Vermont

Vermont

The latest news from around the state

Family Escapes Injury From Chimney Fire

Firefighters say a family has escaped injury from a chimney fire in their Brookline, Vermont, home

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Family Escapes Injury From Chimney Fire
    NECN

    Firefighters say a family has escaped injury from a chimney fire in their Brookline, Vermont, home.

    Firefighters say the family's wood stove sparked a fire in the chimney Monday afternoon. They were celebrating their 1-year-old's birthday at the time.

    The Brattleboro Reformer reports
    the chimney was destroyed and the house may have had some smoke damage.

    NewBrook Fire and Rescue Chief Todd Lawley said chimney fires can be prevented by cleaning out wood stoves on a regular basis, preferably monthly.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.