Firefighters responded to a blaze at 4 Union St. in Derry, New Hampshire, on Wednesday night.
Upon arrival, crews found moderate smoke in the second floor apartment, and a fire in the attic.
There were three apartments in the building, of which two were occupied.
All occupants and pets were moved to Derry Medic 1 for shelter from the severe cold of -5 degrees.
There was one slip and fall injury to a civilian. There was also one minor firefighter injury from a fall.
The ground floor apartment was able to be reoccupied.
Four adults, two children, and several pets lived in the second floor apartment. They are being assisted by the American Red Cross and family members.
The fire is non-suspicious, and the exact cause will be made public once the investigation is complete.
Damage to the building is estimated at $15,000.