House Destroyed After Stove Fire Spreads | NECN
Vermont

Vermont

The latest news from around the state

House Destroyed After Stove Fire Spreads

Firefighters say a kitchen stove fire grew and destroyed a home in Waterford, Vermont

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    House Destroyed After Stove Fire Spreads
    File Photo

    Firefighters say a kitchen stove fire grew and destroyed a home in Waterford, Vermont.

    St. Johnsbury Fire Department Capt. Will Rivers tells the Caledonian Record the homeowner was cooking on his stove Saturday night when cooking oil in his pot caught fire. As he struggled to put it out, flames from the stove top spread and ignited overhead kitchen cabinets and some curtains.

    No injuries were reported.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.