Improper Disposal of Smoking Materials Cause of Cohasset House Fire | NECN
Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The latest news from around the state

Improper Disposal of Smoking Materials Cause of Cohasset House Fire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    The residents were not home when a house burned Tuesday in Cohasset, Massachusetts, but the family's dog is missing. (Published Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2016)

    Fire officials say the improper disposal of smoking materials was the cause of a house fire in Cohasset, Massachusetts, on Tuesday afternoon.

    Aerial footage showed heavy smoke and flames shooting from the roof of the home on Rust Way.

    Crews Battle Cohasset House Fire

    [NECN]AERIAL FOOTAGE: Crews Battle Cohasset House Fire
    Crews are at the scene of a massive house fire in Cohasset, Massachusetts, Tuesday afternoon. (Published Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2016)

    Officials said none of the residents were home at the time of the fire but the family’s dog died in the blaze.

    Investigators said the fire started on the exterior of home on the ground level where someone had been smoking. Damage to the single-family home is estimated between $750,000-$1,000,000.


    Stay with necn for up-to-the-minute news and weather