A Maine man has died from burns sustained in a fire inside his car.
Casey Turner, 34, of New Sharon suffered severe burns to his face and hands while sitting in his car in his driveway Tuesday night.
The State Fire Marshal's Office says Turner was able to walk to a neighbor's house to call for help. He was transported to MaineGeneral in Augusta, and then taken to Maine Medical Center, where he was pronounced deceased.
Fire investigators say the fire likely started when fumes from an aerosol can were ignited by a cigarette. Officials say it was apparent that Turner was inhaling the fumes, known as "huffing." He was also a smoker.
Several empty aerosol cans were found inside the car. The can believed to have started the fire was "Dust Off," which contained compressed gas used to blow dust and lint from electronic components.
The State Medical Examiner's Office continues to work on determing an exact cause of death.