Eighteen mosques across Massachusetts will hold an Open Mosque Day this weekend to give the public a chance to meet their Muslim neighbors.
On Sunday, attendees will have the chance to tour a mosque, hear a brief introduction to Islam and witness a Muslim prayer service.
Wafaa Wahabi of the American Islamic Center in Everett said that during a time of misunderstanding about Islam, Muslims hope to show the communities they live in that they “live, pray and dream just like anyone else.”
Participating mosques include:
- IMAN Islamic Center - Ithna-asheri Muslim Association of the Northeast (IMAN) (5 Altamont Road, Quincy, MA 02169)
- The Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center (ISBCC) (100 Malcolm X Boulevard, Roxbury, MA 02120) *NOTE: The ISBCC will open its doors from 4-6pm.
- The Islamic Society of Boston – Cambridge (204 Prospect Street, Cambridge, MA 02139)
- Masjid Al-Ehsan (2 Cove Road, Dartmouth, MA 02748)
- Boston Islamic Center (2870 Washington Street, Roxbury, MA 02119)
- The Islamic Center of New England at Quincy (470 South Street, Quincy, MA 02169)
- The Islamic Society of Greater Haverill (241 Winter Street, Haverill, MA 01830)
- The Islamic Center of New England at Sharon (74 Chase Drive, Sharon, MA 02067)
- The Islamic Center of Boston, Wayland (126 Boston Post Road, Wayland, MA 01778)
- Masjid-e-Basheer (234 Union Avenue, Framingham, MA 01702)
- Yusuf Mosque (186 Chestnut Hill Avenue, Brighton, MA 02135)
- The Allston-Brighton Islamic Center (15 North Beacon St #4, Allston, MA 02134)
- The American Muslim Center (82 Spring Street, Everett, MA 02149)
- The Outreach Reform Community Center (22 Pleasant Street, Malden, MA 02148)
- The Islamic Society of Greater Lowell (131 Stedman Street #9&10, Chelmsford, MA 01824)
- Al-Roda Mosque (5 Crest Street, Dorchester, MA 02121)
- Islamic Society of North Shore, Masjid Us-Salam (35 Lynnfield Street, Lynn, MA 01904)
- The Islamic Masumeen Center of New England (115 Wood Street, Hopkinton, MA 01748)
Mosques in Worcester and Chelsea plan to hold separate open days in May.