Vermont Teen Killed in Apparent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - NECN
Vermont

Vermont

The latest news from around the state

Vermont Teen Killed in Apparent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Vermont Teen Killed in Apparent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
    Shutterstock

    A Vermont teenager has died in an apparent case of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Hinesburg Police were notified Tuesday afternoon of a suspicious vehicle parked at the end of a street off Texas Hill Rd. Officers found an unresponsive male inside the locked, running vehicle.

    A preliminary investigation indicates the 17-year-old was sleeping in the vehicle. Alcohol and/or drugs are not believed to be a factor.

    The teen was from St. George and was a senior at Champlain Valley Union High School in Hinesburg.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.