Construction Worker Dies After Electrocution While Working - NECN
Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The latest news from around the state

Construction Worker Dies After Electrocution While Working

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    A construction worker who was painting the window sill of a fire station died after the bucket he was in came in contact with power lines.

    (Published Tuesday, March 21, 2017)

    A construction worker died after being electrocuted Tuesday while painting the window sills of a firehouse in Salem, Massachusetts, according to police.

    Fire officials said the man was working in an elevated metal bucket when he was knocked unconscious by a shock from a live wire behind the Salem Fire Department.

    The victim, identified by the Essex County District Attorney's Office as 59-year-old James Kennedy of Salem, was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

    The DA's office says the incident appears to have been accidental.

    The Occupational Safety and Health Administration will investigate.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android