After swallowing not one, but three pacifiers, a 6-year-old British bulldog named Elvis was able to make a full recovery.
Owner Lisa Marie Cainas rushed Elvis to the Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Center in Levittown, Pennsylvania, after she witnessed her dog swallow a pacifier on May 23, the veterinary office said.
Doctors performed an initial examination, took X-rays and completed an endoscopy and found Elvis had actually swallowed three of the suckers. The dates of the second two ingestions are unknown, but Cainas noticed that multiple pacifiers had gone missing from her home.
Getting the pacifiers out of Elvis was not an easy task. Due to their large size, the veterinarian had to use an endoscope to thread tape through the pacifiers to make it easy for him to pull them out, doctors said.
Thankfully, since the pacifiers had not yet traveled to the small intestine, Elvis did not need a more extensive surgical procedure.
Even though doctors say he tried to get away with swallowing a puzzle piece since his operation, Elvis is back on his feet under the watchful eyes of his owners.