5 Transported in Carbon Monoxide Scare

Massachusetts Fire Marshal Stephen Coan says a carbon monoxide detector saved five lives after a blocked furnace flue caused high levels of the gas in a Dennis home.

Fire investigators say a faulty heating boiler is to blame for a carbon monoxide scare Saturday on Cape Cod.

Five people were taken to the hospital due to high levels of carbon monoxide inside a home in Dennis, Massachusetts.

According to officials, a guest at the home was not feeling well and suggested carbon monoxide detectors be installed. Those new alarms immediately went off.

"Today, five lives were saved in Dennis by working carbon monoxide alarms," said Massachusetts Fire Marshal Stephen Coan in a statement. "This is a reminder to all of us how important these safety devices are."

Officials removed several pets from the home, as well.

Contact Us