A former Uber driver accused of sexually assaulting a woman he picked up last year has been charged in two unsolved Boston rape cases going back almost a decade.
Suffolk District Attorney Daniel Conley said Tuesday that 46-year-old Alejandro Done has been linked by DNA evidence to five sexual assaults in Boston between 2006 and in 2010.
A spokesman for Conley said Done has been charged with rape in attacks in July 2006 in South Boston and July 2007 on the Esplanade parkway along the Charles River, and charges are being prepared in the three other cases. He is expected to be arraigned this week.
Done pleaded not guilty in Cambridge in December to kidnapping and raping a woman he picked up after she summoned an Uber driver. He is held pending trial.
Uber released a statement to address the investigation:
“We thank the police and prosecutors for their continued vigilance. We are grateful that we were able to work closely with law enforcement to assist in their December 2014 investigation that has led to these additional charges."
The investigation is on-going.