Animal experts are reminding pet owners that some popular Thanksgiving foods are toxic to your furry family members.
Veterinarians with MSPCA Angell are especially concerned about the following ingredients:
- Chocolate (can spark heart rate, cause anxiety)
- Yeast dough (can rise in the stomach, cause severe discomfort)
- Garlic, onions and chives (can significantly damage red blood cells, cause anemia, kidney failure)
- Fatty or spicy table food (bones can splinter, cause damage or blockage in gastrointestinal tract, lead to inflammation of pancreas, food poisoning, tremors, seizures)
- Grapes and raisins (can lead to kidney failure)
- Macadamia nuts (can produce vomiting, weakness, depression, lack of coordination and tremors)
- Raw meat (bacterial infections)
For additional information, click here.