A Maine toddler is recovering at a Boston hospital after being seriously burned Wednesday in a campfire incident.
Fire officials in Calais said 1 1/2-year-old Wyatt Chandler was sitting with his mother Courtnie near the campfire in their backyard when the boy's father, Joshua, poured a flammable liquid onto the fire to intensify the flames.
Joshua Bernard dropped the container and its contents spilled onto the child.
U.S. & World
The boy was first taken by medical helicopter to a hospital in Bangor then to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston where he is being treated for burns to 60% of his body.
Fire officials are warning to never throw flammable liquid on a fire as the liquid or its vapors can explode.