CVS Heath on Friday opened a dozen new coronavirus testing sites in Massachusetts as part of the firm’s push to increase access to testing at stores nationwide.
According to the company, the sites are drive-through only and offer free tests for those who meet criteria outlined by the Centers for Disease Control.
Appointments must made in advance and most test results will be available in two to three days, the company said.
The new locations in Massachusetts are:
- 287 Springfield Avenue, Agawam
- 181 Brighton Avenue, Allston
- 207 Market Street, Brighton
- 355 Centre Street, Brockton
- 139 Endicott Street, Danvers
- 70 West State St., Granby
- 454 Electric Avenue, Lunenberg
- 220 Maple Street, Middleton
- 689 Depot Street, North Easton
- 4600 Washington Street, Roslindale
- 1075 Broadway Street, Saugus
- 453 Station Avenue, South Yarmouth
Massachusetts on Thursday reported 419 new confirmed coronavirus cases Thursday and an additional 15 deaths.
There have now been 9,051 confirmed deaths and 124,139 cases, according to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. The percentage of coronavirus tests coming back positive, on average, remains at 0.8%, according to the report.