3 Arrested as Police Continue to Investigate String of Manchester Shootings

Manchester NH shootings Oct 13 Oct 14 related arrests
Manchester Police Department/NBC10 Boston

Three people have been arrested as police in Manchester, New Hampshire, investigate a string of shootings over the weekend.

Manchester police officers responded to four shootings, with the first one reported on Laurel Street just after 5 a.m. on Saturday and the last one taking place on Orange Street just after 5 p.m. on Sunday, according to authorities.

Out of all four shootings, only one person was treated for a gunshot-related injury, while another victim was injured after being hit with a gun, Manchester police said.

No one was injured in the Laurel Street shooting, which was reported by neighbors, and police are still searching for a suspect.

The next shooting took place just before midnight on Saturday near Hayward Street and Batchelder Avenue. No one was injured in the shooting, but officers identified several persons of interest believed to have been involved in the shooting. A vehicle was seized in connection with the ongoing investigation.

Manchester police responded to another shooting nearly four hours later on Sunday near South Willow Street and Claremont Avenue for a fight involving guns. When officers arrived, they found a 21-year-old man who had been shot in the arm.

Nineteen-year-old Eddy Assani was charged with unlawful possession of alcoholic beverages by police at the scene of the Claremont Avenue shooting, and two others — 28-year-old Manchester resident Shane Velez and 25-year-old Jovanna Deloach of Bradford, Massachusetts — were arrested several hours later at the scene while investigators were still there after Deloach allegedly took a spent shell casing.

Assani was released on a summons with a later court date, while Deloach was charged with falsifying physical evidence and Velez was charged with conspiracy to commit falsifying physical evidence. Both are due back in court on Oct. 25. It's unclear if either three have attorneys.

The final shooting of the weekend, which took place Sunday evening on Orange Street, was reported by the 34-year-old victim, according to Manchester police, who contacted officers after he was assaulted by a stranger. The Manchester man said he was repeatedly hit in the face with a firearm during the altercation with the suspect, and that the firearm went off once during the attack, but wasn't hit by the stray bullet.

The suspect was was described as about 6' tall with a thin build, blue eyes, brown hair and a chin strap-style beard, and was last seen wearing a black coat with jeans. Manchester police say the suspect left the scene in a 90's style black, four door sedan.

Anyone with any information pertaining to these four shootings is encouraged to call Manchester police detectives at 603-792-5500.

Contact Us