A suspect is in custody after an hours-long standoff with police in Claremont, New Hampshire.
According to the Valley News, multiple police agencies responded to the area of Hanover and Centennial streets just before 8 a.m. for reports of a barricaded subject and shots fired.
New Hampshire State Police said only that "the incident in Claremont is ongoing," in a press release issued around 8:40 a.m. Residents in the area of Hanover, Barnes and North streets were also asked to shelter in place and the public was asked to avoid the area.
U.S. & World
Around 2:30 p.m., state police said that the suspect was in custody and the shelter in place restriction had been lifted. Additional information is expected to be released later Thursday afternoon.