1 Dead, 2 Hospitalized After High Levels of CO Detected at Roslindale Condo Building - NECN
New Hampshire

New Hampshire

The latest news from around the state

1 Dead, 2 Hospitalized After High Levels of CO Detected at Roslindale Condo Building

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    One Person Dead in Carbon Monoxide Leak

    1 person dead, 2 others taken to hospital in Roslindale. 

    (Published Saturday, Jan. 13, 2018)

    One person is dead after Boston EMS responded to an attached five-unit condo building in Roslindale, Massachusetts for elevated carbon monoxide levels.

    Authorities were called to 741 Hyde Park Avenue at 9:47 a.m. Saturday.

    One man and two women were treated and transported to area hospitals. One person was taken to Faulkner and two people were taken to Brigham and Women's.

    The man was pronounced dead at the hospital. His cause of death has not yet been determined, and an autopsy will be be conducted.

    Boy Gets Hug From Trump at Florence Aid Event

    [NATL] Boy Gets Hug From Trump at Florence Aid Event

    While handing out meals to Hurricane Florence victims in New Bern, North Carolina, President Donald Trump got a special request — a hug from a young boy who was helping out. Trump obliged

    (Published Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2018)

    The two women have very high levels of carbon monoxide in their systems, and their condition is not known at this time.

    Investigators say that carbon monoxide was found in every condo in the building and that there were also no working CO detectors in the units. Fire officials say they also found several smoke detectors that were disabled.

    It's unclear how many people in the condo building may have been displaced by this incident. One resident says she was woken up by a doorbell and told to get out.

    "A police officer said that a couple of people had passed out next door and that we needed to open the doors and windows and air the house out," said Lisa Chin.

    A stove in the unit was determined to be faulty. Boston fire says it was the source of the CO.

    National Grid was on scene Saturday and will determine if carbon monoxide was coming from anywhere else.

    Cancer Patient's Christmas Decorations Vandalized

    [NATL] Cancer Patient's Christmas Decorations Vandalized

    Neighbors in Colerain Township, Ohio, rallied to help when someone slashed the Christmas decorations of a 2-year-old with terminal cancer.

    (Published 5 hours ago)

    Now that a cause has been determined, officials have an obligation to not allow the building to reoccupy until they come into compliance with smoke and CO detector laws.

    People will not be allowed back in their homes until they have working carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android