Naugatuck High School will be closed Friday Nov. 13 because of an odor in the school.
On Nov. 5 students were sent home early due to a noxious smell. The fire department responded and metered for hazardous gases during that incident. No danger was found, and officials believed the source of the smell may have been a grease trap in the kitchen. However, after crews thoroughly cleaned the trap the smell returned on Thursday.
Officials made the decision to cancel PM activities at the high school Thursday night and close school Friday to search for the source of the odor.