Authorities say a generator overheated, exploded and sparked an oil fire at a New Hampshire power plant. No one was hurt.
The Caledonian Record reports the blaze broke out Tuesday morning at Pinetree Power. The fire extended through the upper floors of the four-story, 15 megawatt power plant.
Bethlehem Fire Chief Jack Anderson says crews extinguished the blaze within about two hours. He says firefighters faced slippery conditions in the structure after a lubrication system ruptured and coated the floors in oil.
No injuries were reported.
Plant Manager Mark Driscoll says the plant will be offline for weeks while the damage is assessed and repairs are made.