Toddler Dies After Being Found Unresponsive in Vermont Pool - NECN
Vermont

Vermont

The latest news from around the state

Toddler Dies After Being Found Unresponsive in Vermont Pool

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    A Vermont toddler was hospitalized Wednesday morning after being found unresponsive in a pool in Montpelier, according to state police. (Published Thursday, July 6, 2017)

    A Vermont toddler has died after being found unresponsive in a pool in Montpelier Wednesday, according to state police.

    Troopers responded to a home at 196 Pine Ridge Road at 11:07 a.m. where two-and-a-half-year-old Alexander James Lowell-Henry was being assisted by first responders.

    After he was stabilized, he was transported to the University of Vermont Health Network - Central Vermont Medical Center, where he died around 10 p.m.

    Alexander was in the custody of the Vermont Department for Children and Families and was in the care of a foster family at the time of the incident.

    The Vermont DCF released a statement Thursday afternoon.

    "Each incident of a child fatality is a tragedy. Everyone in our Department feels the loss of a child and our hearts go out to the family” said DCF Commissioner Ken Schatz in the statement. “Any incident of a child fatality is unique, and is thoroughly reviewed.”

    An investigation is on-going.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android