Man Admits to Multiple Armed Bank Robberies | NECN
Connecticut

Connecticut

The latest news from around the state

Man Admits to Multiple Armed Bank Robberies

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Man Admits to Multiple Armed Bank Robberies
    Getty Images

    An Enfield man accused of robbing banks in Windsor, East Windsor and Glastonbury pleaded guilty to armed robbery in federal court Monday.

    David M. Johnson, 27, admitted to robbing the First Niagara Bank in Windsor and Nutmeg State Federal Credit Union branches in East Windsor and Glastonbury, according to federal prosecutors.

    Prosecutors said Johnson held up the Nutmeg State Federal Credit Union in East Windsor on July 21, 2014 and stole $109,166. Then, in November 2014, he targeted the bank branch in Glastonbury and got away with $84,145.

    Johnson teamed up with Odain J. Johnson, 22, of Hartford, to rob the First Niagara Bank at 2133 Poquonock venue in Windsor the morning of Jan. 10, 2015, according to the U.S. attorney's office.

    They jumped the counter and ordered employees to open the bank vault, according to prosecutors, who said the robbers took $81,530 from the vault and grabbed additional cash from teller drawers.

    One man pointed a gun at customers and said, "If you say anything, we'll shoot you," according to the U.S. attorney's office.

    David Johnson admitted to his role in the Windsor robbery on Monday. Odain Johnson previously pleaded guilty in connection with the case, prosecutors said.

    David Johnson will be sentenced Dec. 2 and faces up to 20 years in prison. Odain Johnson will be sentenced Sept. 25. It's not clear if they have attorneys.